Hello, I successfully set up a tunnel with tinc using the tun interface.
however I need a tap device, because I need to run the OLSR routing protocol on the tunnel and if I use the tun mode OLSR will just skip the interface. (It is a well known thing, I had this issue before also when using OpenVPN in the past). The problem is that I cannot make tinc use a tap device. I created the tap0 interface with tunctl, however I have no tap0 characted device in /dev So in my tinc.conf a directive like: Device = /dev/tap0 makes no sense. If I don't give anyconfiguration tinc uses /dev/net/tun and sets up the VPN in tun mode without problems. DeviceType directive seems to be ignored on my Linux system (and it is ok on the documentation is says BSD only) I also tried to create my self the character device for tap0 with mknod like this: mknod /dev/tap0 c 36 16 it creates a node in /dev but still does not work. I have this output: tincd 1.0.11 (Jan 5 2010 14:34:19) starting, debug level 0 Could not open /dev/tap0: No such device or address Terminating please anybody is actually using tinc with a tap device? is there any template configuration file ? thanks Saverio _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
