Hi, I've got a small tinc network (switched) set up and it usually works fine. But sometimes i get echos from my own broadcasts and sometimes this even leads to a broadcast storm (two nodes forwarding the broadcasts in circle, thus flooding the whole network with copies of the same packet).
I'm currently unsure on how to debug this using tinc. So my questions are: - How does tinc handle broadcasts when in switching mode? Does tinc understand STP? (I usually enable STP on all my linux bridges). - Not all of the clients update their tinc clients regularly, so i might have several tinc versions from 1.0.9 to 1.0.12 in my net. Could it be that incompatibilities between these versions are responsible for this? B.t.w.: Sadly not all of the installations are maintained by people that actually know a lot about network stuff. Also, a lot of the nodes run on Windows :/ so i don't have a portable way to use packet filtering on all nodes. A nice-to-have feature for tinc would be to have some filtering options, maybe even a real packet filter (like those *-tables tools on linux). I see that that's not really tincs job, but there currently is no portable way of packet filtering, but tinc could do it :) If there are more people that could make good use of such a feature i might just start experimenting a little with the tinc sources. With kind regards, Markus Dangl _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
