Are you sure it's tinc looping the packets? Couldn't it be one of your clients who have a loop in their network? A filter in tinc would probably not even help against this.

I don't think it would be a good idea in general. A filter in tinc is likely to result in unexpected behaviour, as it is no longer behaves as a plain switching network.

Ivo

Op 16-3-2010 23:22, Markus Dangl schreef:
Hello,

Have you tried to use Spanning Tree Protocol ? Perhaps this could help.
And for filtering you should watch on ebtables for linux station...

Sich
I use STP on all linux bridges. But tinc acts as a bridge itself (in
switching mode) and i don't know yet how broadcasts are handled there. I
agree, ebtables is great for filtering on the ethernet layer, i use it
whenever i can. Sadly it is only available on linux. Thanks for the
tips, though.
_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to