Hi, Just for your information I had the tinc daemon dying on the main machine I use as a hub, so I looked for a script to restart the daemon it if dies.
Here is tinc.sh: ========================================================== #!/bin/bash # Tinc Process Monitor # Restart Tinc daemon When It Goes Down # Source: http://bash.cyberciti.biz/web-server/restart-apache2-httpd-shell-script/ RESTART="/etc/init.d/tinc restart" PGREP="/usr/bin/pgrep" TINCD="tincd" $PGREP ${TINCD} || $RESTART ========================================================== Put an entry into /etc/crontab every minute: ========================================================== */1 * * * * root /root/watchdog/tinc.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 ========================================================== It works fine here. Best, -- Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org> FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403 "In July 2005, after several failed attempts to legalise software patents in Europe, the patent establishment changed its strategy. Instead of explicitly seeking to sanction the patentability of software, they are now seeking to create a central European patent court, which would establish and enforce patentability rules in their favor, without any possibility of correction by competing courts or democratically elected legislators." _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
