For the people that checked out my repository at
https://github.com/mingodad/tinycc.git I'll try explain what my "virtual
io" is for.

I've tried on the past achieve something like etcl did, I mean a self
contained interpreter with the ability to mix c code.

I've tried to use libtcc but it depends on auxiliary files been installed
on a specific folder and nee be distributed along side the
interpreter/embedded application.

Then I started this "virtual io" and with a bin2c program that allow
incorporate the auxiliary files directly inside the library/interpreter.

To test the idea and achieve a self contained tcc that doesn't depend on
auxiliary files installed elsewhere I've created a small script that does
that "mk-it" on my distribution, to achieve a small self contained tcc it's
best to edit config.mak and change "CFLAGS=-Os" and run "./mk-it" the
result tcc is self contained and can be used from anywhere without any
auxiliary files/folder.

Cheers !