Hello everyone,

A couple of weeks ago Grishka removed some header files copied from the
msys project. (Or is in MinSys? I don't know, but you know what I'm talking
about.) These were added so that tcc could compile Perl header files on
Windows. I had previously added a number of msys files to tcc for this
reason, but the list was incomplete. seyko added these files to tcc in
2015, based on their existence in my own fork of tcc. So, they were added
in the same spirit as other files I previously added. Now, of course, they
are gone.

When I added the (apparently incomplete) collection of headers, I asked for
permission from the mailing list. The consensus seemed to be that if Perl
needed it, the headers were probably important enough to include. Is this
still the consensus?

If it is, I will re-add them some time soon-ish.

P.S. We don't provide a full set of tcc-compatible system header files for
Unixen: we assume the system provides these or they are easy to obtain. We
have provided a minimal set for Windows because tcc-compatible system
headers are much harder to obtain on this OS.

Tinycc-devel mailing list