On 10/10/23 17:37, Michael Matz wrote:
Hello,

On Tue, 10 Oct 2023, Herman ten Brugge via Tinycc-devel wrote:

On 10/5/23 22:55, Detlef Riekenberg wrote:
 After the comments from grischka and Michael,
 i prepared a different patch to fix the build break of netbsd-curses
 and also updated the patch to current mob.

 `make test` works
 A testapp with netbsd-curses works,
 but i am away for the next 2 weeks.

 Since we have a release canditate, i decided to not push my patch to mob.
I think this is not correct.
If I read the elf documentation correctly a shared lib does not have to follow DT_NEEDED.
See attached patch.

Only runtime loaders are required to follow DT_NEEDED.  link editors aren't.  There's no distinction between emitting a shared lib or an executable.  (And for OUTPUT_MEMORY, which might be said to make tcc behave like a runtime loader, it's actually dlopen which does the necessary DT_NEEDED following).

I understand. The original patch is ok.

    Herman