On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 07:15:11PM +0200, draco wrote:
>/Sylvain,/
>//
>/it seems to me, like this patch breaks the windows builds, maybe for/
>/exactly the same reason, ldd gets confused./
>//
>/See the github mirror of tinycc, it has some automated builds and the/
>/win32 part starts breaking with linker errors against libtcc exactly/
>/after picking up your patch:/
>//
>/https://github.com/TinyCC/tinycc/actions/

Hi,

I don't understand, this patch modifies only ELF relocatable generation, this
is unrelated to win32 PE/COFF file generation. Additionally, cproc/qbe
compilers are generating similar ELF relocatable files, meaning they would
break too.

I cannot get more information since your github link is "empty", this github
"feature" does not seem to work with the noscript/basic (x)html browsers I
use.

regards,

--
Sylvain

tcc uses the elf structure also to generate the windows binaries, so the
STT_NOTYPE is carried over to the windows dll.
But maybe the cause is different, memtest and dlltest also fail.

I can't test this locally, because I don't have msys installed.

In the buildlog on github, it's especially the abitest-tcc that fails with
segmentation fault.

The relevant part of the makefile

# Check that code generated by libtcc is binary compatible with
# that generated by CC
abitest-cc.exe: abitest.c $(LIBTCC)
        $(CC) -o $@ $^ $(CFLAGS) $(LIBS) -w

abitest-tcc.exe: abitest.c libtcc.c
        $(TCC) -o $@ $^ $(NATIVE_DEFINES) $(LIBS)

abitest-% : abitest-%.exe
        @echo ------------ $@ ------------
        ./$< $(TCCFLAGS)

and the relevant part of the build-log

Segfaults start here and carry on through the whole log

running tcc.c in threads to run fib
make[2]: *** [Makefile:92: libtest_mt] Segmentation fault
 ------------ test3 ------------
make[2]: *** [Makefile:124: test3] Error 139
------------ memtest ------------
make[2]: *** [Makefile:174: memtest] Segmentation fault
------------ dlltest ------------
make[2]: *** [Makefile:160: dlltest] Segmentation fault
------------ abitest-cc ------------
ret_int_test... success
ret_longlong_test... success
ret_float_test... success