On 24/02/14 01:59AM, grischka via Tinycc-devel wrote:
> On 12.02.2024 15:35, George Sedov wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > First of all, I noticed that throughout the codebase there is a mix of
> > spaces and tabs. This makes it very difficult to produce out-of-tree
> > patches,
> > since most of the editors will replace tabs with spaces. Is there a reason
> > behind it?
>
> Obviously then the reason must be that most people here did not
> use "most of the editors" ... ;)

Off topic, but a text editor that converts tabs to spaces without user's
consent is either not properly configured, or just plain bad. joe, ed and vi(m)
don't do that.

One workaround would be to have a set code style for the project and use a code
formatter like GNU indent or clang-format before generating a patch.