> BTW,
>
> Also, just in case, for migrations, it's possible that the
> base_external_referentials (external ID's + custom mappings for each field in
> a declarative style), eventually combined with the etl module could help in
> your module...
> For now, the first on concrete application of base_external_referentials is
> the new multi instance refactored Magento connector we are shaping here:
> https://code.launchpad.net/magentoerpconnect

We do all the mapping for objects in "memory", this is probably better for
performance but maybe not so good in terms of handling huge data.

> This module provide an abstract common minimal base to add any additional
> external id columns to some OpenObject table, pointing to some external
> referential.
> A referential is abstract and minimal at this stage, it's only identified
> by:
> * a name
> * a location (possibly webservice URL, database connection URL...); the
> connection method will tell it...
> * referential credentials (user name + password)

Probably have to look a bit closer, but I think it is not a good approach to
place meta data inside the object itself.

Concerns:
1) What would happen if we will try to migrate to next version? We will
probably have to remove this meta data manually.
2) This process is being done once (maybe several times, doing it partially),
and there is no need to place mappings side bu side with the data itself. This
approach is better for systems that should be kept synchronized constantly, so
the process is being done again and again.

But still it is superficial opinion, and it would be nice to hear your comments
on this...

Kaspars
http://kndati.lv

http://www.openobject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=45488#45488