If you look at the following, you'll note that it's empty:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/tinyos/tinyos-1.x/contrib/vu/apps/TestTimeStamping/

But if you look in the /Attic subdirectory, you'll find the files you mentioned:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/tinyos/tinyos-1.x/contrib/vu/apps/TestTimeStamping/Attic/

This means they were "removed" from the repository.  But, note that
there's a message saying they files were moved to the main tree.  You
can find the current version at:
tinyos-1.x/apps/TestTimeStamping

Note: The attic is where CVS stores "removed" files.  CVS doesn't
actually delete a file from the server (although, it does from the
client) when its normally told to remove the file.  Instead, CVS puts
the file in the server's attic directory so that it can be returned to
the repository later.

- Prabal