Yeah, I do that.

I think it's an electrical problem:

The motes are connected with USB cables to USB hubs, which are connected
with each other, to the power and to the computer

If I order one node to give the maximum output and there are 2 nodes
connected, each gives 1/2 of the maximum output, if there are 3, each
1/3, etc...

Would a voltage follower between the the mote and the inverter solve the
problem? Is there a simpler solution?

Of course having the motes isolated from each other and receiving radio
commands would solve the problem, but I need to keep the USB connection,
since at a later stage the motes should be sending measurements to the
computer continuously...

Thanks again...