-----Original Message-----
        From: Michael Schippling [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Tue 8/1/2006 7:19 PM
        To: Munaretto, Daniel
        Cc: tinyos-help@Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
        Subject: Re: [Tinyos-help] Help with real node behaviour!Micaz,tinyos
1.x

        I haven't used the FLASH so I can't give good advice.
        David Moss on this list seems to know a lot about it,
        perhaps he will answer?

        MS

        Munaretto, Daniel wrote:
        > Hi Michael,
        > The problem is that we need more memory for our project. Even if
FLASH memory is slow, i think we need to use all possibilties that micaz mote
gives to us. Is it possible to use it for writing data? (i know that for ADC
readings it is used, and just to remember we use tinyos 1.x and micaz motes,
Atmel ATMEGA128)
        > if yes, how?and how much? and what about relative energy consumption
and time requested? it would be really useful...any informations will be really
appreciated!
        > Because we can think to solve this memory problem by using RAM and
FLASH together: sometimes, when we receive packets for bufferizing, we can move
this buffer from RAM to FLASH memory temporary or viceversa, i don't know
exactly how i should manage this situation. But what i mean is something
similar to PC hard-disk....

        > cheers
        > Daniele

create in each mote a buffer-chain (i use structures that allocate memory
dynamically). But i don't know exactly how much dynamic memory i can use in
Micaz motes.

        >       > For example, if after compiling i use 1419 bytes in RAM and
19748 bytes in ROM, is the rest used for dynamic allocation?

        >       > i don't understand this passage about exactly how much memory
i can use dynamically..for me understanding would be really important.

        >       > Thanks for your availability,
        >       >
        >       > Cheers
        >       > Daniele
        >       >
MTBF
        >       >       cycles is not conducive to temporary storage.
        >       >
        >       >       MS
        >       >
        >       >       Munaretto, Daniel wrote:
        >       >       > I did other experiments and i found that, with little
data size, the nodes are able to send and receive all packets they generate. So
it's definitely a memory problem. But i think not to use so much memory and i
free, when i can, the used structures. Remember i need a buffer chain in each
node cause i store incoming packets and then i create new coded packets from
these buffers.

        >       >       > Now my question is: with Micaz motes, tinyos 1.x, how
much memory in ROM and RAM can i use?
        >       >       > and is it possible to use the FLASH memory?if yes
how?and what's the size of it?
        >       >       >  If possible, i'd like to receive very precise
informations for understanding my problem in the best way.
        >       >       >
        >       >       > Thanks very much for your availability
        >       >       > cheers
        >       >       > Daniele
        >       >       >
overflowing and crashing the mote.
        >       >       >       One clue is that I seem to see a lot of length
5 buffer pools in TOS...
        >       >       >       You might want to double check that you are
freeing buffers after use.
        >       >       >       MS
        >       >       >
        >       >       >       Munaretto, Daniel wrote:
        >       >       >       > Hi all,
        >       >       >       >  after a lot of simulation in TOSSIM, i
uploaded my programs on the motes.
        >       >       >       > By reading the leds, i'm able to understand
what happens.
        >       >       >       >
        >       >       >       > If i run on motes a normal flooding, it's all
ok. All packets are sent and received.
        >       >       >       >
        >       >       >       > But if i run a more complex program, where
before broadcasting packets i code packets i stored in the node's internal
buffer, i notice i cannot receive over 5 packets (in my experiments i generate
8 packets per node). But if i run only one mote, it's able to generate all
packets.

        >       >       >
        >       >       >       >  So if i run 2 nodes, one seems blocked or
crashed after receiving 5 packets (Leds stop to work, fixed on a color or void)
and the other one continue to send packets in a properly way.

        >       >       >
        >       >       >       > I made with several motes and it's the same,
also changing batteries.
        >       >       >       > Anyone could help me, please?
        >       >       >       > i don't know what's wrong, in TOSSIM was all
ok.
        >       >       >       > And i'm using micaz motes, tinyos 1.x, after
compiling i see: used RAM=1657 bytes, used ROM=19600 bytes.