Freedom of speech or not, you can't state that you want the president dead. If you do, the Secret Service will try to find you. Last primary election, someone said that he wanted Clinton dead in the voting office. The voting office was across the street from our office and this was a homeless man who was often seen in our parking lot. A pair from the Secret Service was at my office asking questions about him pretty soon afterwards.