THANKS for sharing, this is a great addition to my collection of similar news
headlines which are a great source of timely critical thinking exercises for
students with "ripped from the news" relevance.... rene

Dr. Rene Verry
Associate Professor of Psychology
Behavioral Sciences Department
423-F Shilling Hall
Millikin University
1184 W Main
Decatur, IL 62522
217-424-6398
rve...@millikin.edu

>>> "Jonathan Mueller" <jfmuel...@noctrl.edu> 9/11/2009 9:01 AM >>>

Wow is right. That's a good article to use at the end of the term to see how
many misrepresentations students can find.  I have added it to the Correlation
or Causation page at

http://jonathan.mueller.faculty.noctrl.edu/100/correlation_or_causation.htm

Thanks,

Jon

===============
Jon Mueller
Professor of Psychology
North Central College
30 N. Brainard St.
Naperville, IL 60540
voice: (630)-637-5329
fax: (630)-637-5121
jfmuel...@noctrl.edu
http://jonathan.mueller.faculty.noctrl.edu

>>> "Bourgeois, Dr. Martin" <mbour...@fgcu.edu> 9/11/2009 7:20 AM >>>

Wow, here's a story just chock full of causal inferences from a relational
study.

My favorite: kids shouldn't start out in community colleges because they will
be 36% less likely to finish a four-year degree than if they start out in a
four-year school.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnews/20090910/ts_usnews/whichhighschoolstudentsaremostlikelytograduatefromcollege