"Jews in general?"  "Conventional Jewish population?"  Gosh, that sounds like an
distorting stereotype to me.  You're not talking about red hair; you're
offering a red
herring.  You've been reading too much of Wikipedia.  Amazing how on this list
Wikipedia
has been bashed as a legitimate sources and here you go citing it.  And, how
I've been
bashed for not citing refereed scientific studies, and you go and cite
newspaper reports.
Nevertheless, I am confused.  Who are you talking about?  You're not talking
about black
dyed red-haired converts to Judaism; you're not talking about black dyed
red-haired Jewish
converts to other religions;  you're not talking about the Lemba; you're not
talking about
the descendants of Hagar; you're not talking about Joseph's offspring from two
Egyptians
wives (Gen 41:50-2); you're not talking about offspring of marriages between
Jews and
non-Jews; you're not talking about Sephardim; you're not talking about
Ethiopian Jews;
you're not talking about Yemeni Jews; you're not talking about Baghdadi Jews;
you're not
talking about Iranian Jews; you're not talking about German Jews; you're not
talking about
the Jews of Kaifeng in China (whom I've met and "don't look Jewish"); you're
not talking
about the Cochin Jews or Bene Israel Jews of India; you're not even talking
about over the
97% of  Ashkenazi Jews who don't have the Tay-Sachs gene marker; you're not
talking about
Jews who lived before the Tay-Sachs mutation occurred.  And, if you want to
dwell on
Tay-Sachs, I guess that makes Cajuns, French Canadians, and Irish American
Catholics
either members of your "Jewish race" or have "Jewish blood" flowing through
their veins
since the incidence of Tay-Sachs in these populations is nearly the same as in
the
Ashkenazi Jews (and don't hand me the debunked "Jewish fur trader hypothesis").
   No, I
have no trouble with the obvious because it's obvious that you're just talking
about "Jews
in General" and "conventional Jewish population."

Mike is right.  Enough!

Make it a good day.

      --Louis--

Louis Schmier                                http://www.therandomthoughts.com
Department of History
http://www.therandomthoughts.edublogs.org
Valdosta State University
Valdosta, Georgia 31698                 /\   /\  /\               /\
/\/
\      /\
                                                       //\/\/ /\
                                                /\"If you want to climb