Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here. First of all, I admit to being a
huge fan of magicians (illusionists, if you prefer that term). I am not a
huge fan of the show, America's Got Talent. But....

That show has a couple of pretty good magicians this year. Relationship to
psychology? This relates to perception.

Watch this trick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIXqO_jcVXA&p=D8D9DC4B4A148D20&playnext=1&ind
ex=10

Psychologists are generally pretty good at figuring out what's going on.
I've got some thoughts about this one, but I'm curious whether others have
ideas as well.

Now, we're not on stage to watch this...but what do you think?

And then there's this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiUDdRA-v2o

Theoretically, all of this is being done on live TV.

I think we need Randi to explain all of this.

John
--
John Serafin
Psychology Department