Let me say this about that.Intelligence properly defined is the ability to
adapt to "existing "environments. Hence drug addicts and other criminals are
just as intelligent as the PhD and the brain surgeon.It is the ability to deal
with the challenges of a situation and to influence the outcome are all that
matters.The basketball player
is just as intelligent as the summa cum laude.
Reading,writing and other related skills are required for  specific
environments.If some individuals or a group of individuals are having
managing issues in those academic environments
they should not be perceived as genetically
deficient but academically unprepared for those tasks which should not be
concluded as having deficiencies in other tasks.
As I said before,white folks tend to delight in cognitive speculations and this
is part of
the Eurocentric legacy brought about by years of domestication which has
boostered learning activities(which I consider to be unnatural).
Eurocentric cognitive imperialism has been the root cause of divisions and
inequality among the human community.
   One thing that bothers me is that-if IQ remains stable  despite
environmental variability,it stands to reason that IQ  has functionally
adaptive issues and fails to roll with the punches.
Michael "omnicentric" Sylvester,PhD
Daytona Beach,Florida

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=5766
or send a blank email to