Hi

James M. Clark
Professor of Psychology
204-786-9757
204-774-4134 Fax
j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca

>>> Michael Smith <tipsl...@gmail.com> 21-Oct-10 8:07 AM >>>
Of course all of this discussion of knowledge has very little to do
with my original context which was that the "God saved them" statement
is a statement of belief not an argument (despite the ensuing
'argument' which was at best tangential :-)  ).
JC
Sorry Mike, I believed/thought/knew (or thought I knew??) that you had written
in a subsequent post that

"I think I would agree that the statement [i.e., "God saved them"] wouldn't
count as a scientific
hypothesis, but not that it couldn't count as knowledge.
To say that assumes a scientific world view where the falsifiability
thing is king. It is conceivable, though, that one can have true
knowledge without such knowledge being falsifyable in the least."

Hence my concern about your (or someone else's??) use of the term knowledge
(even more so the phrase "true knowledge") to refer to an unsubstantiated
belief.

Take care
Jim

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=5864