Hi Chris

I haven't seen this, but I'm sure wealth would have a h^2 above zero (I dont
think anything has a h^2 of exactly zero) the question would be how much IF
iQ/g/intelligence is held constant since all these variables covary to some
extent. But your question calls to mind something my students often say which
is that IQ is just a proxy for wealth. Interestingly, in the Bell Curve are
many analyses predicting education level, employment, crime, etc .. and IQ is
often a better predictor that SES. Btw I use IQ for brevity, it is short for
general cognitive ability since the score is not a 'quotient' anymore ... but
again interestingly when h^2 is higher for g items than IQ overall. It would
take me a little time to find those references ..

O a different note, one theme of Herrnstein (and later Murray) was that as we
created equal opportunities for all, and less rigid social classes, in the
1950s/1960s there is more social mobility (with g playing a increasing role in
social class movement) and, heritability will automatically rise  the is less
environmental variation. But I now worry that with wealth concentration in the
US and grotesque income disparity we are reducing social mobility ... In theory
wealth should rise in heritability .. I think ... and IQ decrease in
heritability ..

John K .... Apologize if typos' as iPads are always guessing what I am trying
to type

John W. Kulig, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Coordinator, Psychology Honors