Once upon a time Glen Farney shaped the electrons to say...
> The 320 gig?drive came preinstalled, I got the whole
> unit,?preupgraded, from Weaknees.? I got the 160g drive in a box
> separately, I paid $50 extra to get the drive as a backup, just
> in?case.?

Ah, I wonder if they use an OS image from the HD XL or something.
Very odd that you're seeing THX-style capacities, I don't think the
super-size option would do that.

> I use WinMFS and?the copy function to move all my data, including
> shows, to the new drive.? At the end of the process it asked if I
> wanted to expand?the drive.? I assumed this meant that it was
> upsizing from the old reported 320g drive to the 1Tb drive.? For the
> most part, it seemed to work.

Indeed that is what it does.

> I wonder if my 320g upgrade drive was set up from an S3? box, and I
> just mananged to carry over the issue.

If it was for an HD probably not the S3, the image is different, but
it could be an HD XL image.

-MZ
-- 
megazone-at-megazone.org  http://www.MegaZone.org/   Gweep, Geek, Human, me.
http://www.GizmoLovers.com/ http://www.Eyrie-Productions.com/ -><- Hail Eris
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-852-2171

Reply via email to