Often the videos won't play due to missing codec files.  No idea what they 
actually are, but the ones I found were called something like "K-lite pack" or 
something to that effect.  They installed kind of like a program, and gave WMP 
the ability to decode the .tivo files.

As I understand, the paid version of tivo desktop includes more codecs, but I 
wasn't going to pay to find out if they worked or not.
 Glen 



----- Original Message ----
> From: johnj <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 2:44:32 PM
> Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] Digest Number 1188
> 
> 
> Jay,
> 
> Thanks for your answer. I am not sure it helps, but leaves me more
> confused! When I try to open files  transfered from the TiVo desktop, I
> get an imediate answer saying "Windows Media Player encountered a
> problem while playing the file". Clicking on Web Help gives Windows
> Media Player C00D11B1 error code.  Googling this says the problem was
> caused when Microsoft upgraded WMP. I have instructions on how to hack
> the regestry to go back to WMP version 11, but they are a little
> complecated for my 80 year old head, but I am still working  on it.
> 
> Rister
> 
> 
> --- In [email protected], Jay Gould wrote:
> >
> > I run fine with Win 7-64, WMP v12. Program doesn't recognize TiVo
> extension
> > but when I click on the file it plays with no hesitation or problem.
> The
> > machine is a quad-core with 8G RAM which I'm sure helps.
> >
> >
> >
> > Jay Gould
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> 
> 
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------
> 
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
> 

Reply via email to