I think your subject line sums it up perfectly, you only have one input. The dual tuner is only for analog RF input, formerly from antenna or now only from cable input or similar RF coax input. I think you could have two inputs, one from A/V, one through the RF coax, but you would need two FIOS boxes, and even then I don't think Tivo would have a way to control the two boxes separately (only one IR blaster or serial cable, right?).
The A/V inputs on the back don't receive two signals, only one, and your FIOS box is not outputting two signals to the Tivo. My personal experience is with a single tuner Sony S1 box, and a dual tuner HD box, which has no A/V inputs. Glen ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Gunther" <[email protected]> To: <[email protected]> Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:27 PM Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] Dual Tuner TiVo with only one input > The setup is very simple, I am a Verizon FIOS customer and use a Set > Top Box (STB) controlled by the TiVo using Infra red (no cable cards > involved). The input to the STB is via coaxial cable. The STB is > connected to the TiVo using the composite A/V connectors (red, white, > yellow connectors). The TiVo is connected to the TV using coaxial cable. > The TV is tuned to channel 3. > > Ken G. > > Glen Farney wrote: >> >> >> Can you describe fully what setup you have, specifically what sources >> and how they are connected. >> >> Glen >> >> On Feb 27, 2010, at 7:04 PM, Ken Gunther <[email protected] >> <mailto:Yahoo_groups%40KenGunther.com>> wrote: >> >> Each morning when I turn on the TV my dual tuner series 2 TiVo is >> displaying the following message "Searching for signal on: Basic Cable >> In see 'messages & settings/troubleshooting' for info". In my channel >> settings I have told it that the only channels I receive are "box" >> meaning it needs to use my FIOS Set Top Box, all of the "cbl" channels >> (direct from cable) are disabled. Why is it looking for input directly >> off the cable? Is there somewhere else that I need to disable direct >> cable input? >> >> Ken G. >> >> ------------------------------------ >> >> Yahoo! Groups Links >> >> > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > ------------------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tivocentral/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tivocentral/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: [email protected] [email protected] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [email protected] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
