Some quick research on my part reveiled that AT&T Uverse doesn't support cable 
cards anyway, which is my only option.  Verizon doesn't have anything here that 
I'm aware of, so I'm stuck with Charter for the time.  So far Charter has not 
resorted to switched video, so at least the cable cards get me full access to 
my channels without issues, and I could care less about PPV or the like (I have 
Amazon and Netflix for such needs).  If it ever becomes an issue, I can always 
put a cable box on the input to the TV itself, allowing me to use PPV when 
needed, and keeping Tivo happy with straight inputs.
 Glen 




________________________________
From: Bill Kearney <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Mon, March 1, 2010 1:20:47 PM
Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] Dual Tuner TiVo with only one input


Yes, we get all FIOS channels with the exception of video on demand.

This was key for us.  We got rid of DirecTV because they stopped supporting 
Tivo.  Personally I despise comcast so it was great to have FIOS as an 
alternative.

Latest situation is they'll bring out the cablecard without requiring you 
pay for a truck roll.  Or will waive it if the subscriber makes a fuss.

-Bill Kearney

----- Original Message ----- 

FIOS works with cable cards ? I did not know that, I'd absolutely love to 
dump the cable company ($85/mo for digital cable with no extras!!!).

I'll be looking into that one :-)




------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to