On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 16:26, s.l-c.o <[email protected]> wrote: > We use the CC all the time and am wondering if there is a way to have just > the font on screen without the solid block of color behind it; because much > of the time the CC is right across the center of the screen and with this > solid background it cuts out some of the picture, usually the most > important > place on faces. > > I have tried to remove it but could not find any selection for that. Only > the size, style and color of the font was available. I went to my tv setup > which also has a CC setting, but it too did not have this choice. > > Does anyone know if this solid background behind the writing can be removed > so even if the wording is across the picture you can see through the > writing? >
Unfortunately my main Slingbox is wedged up right now so I can't access by S3 to try this myself (I'm still in Seattle), but on digital channels there are two types of CC - the old Closed Caption system, which was kept for backwards compatibility, and digital CC. Digital CC has more flexibility, so if it is possible to eliminate the background it'd be with that. I don't think you'll find a way to do it with the older system. But I vaguely recall that it isn't - I'm not sure. But you may be able to play with the positioning of the subs - top or bottom, etc. To position them to obscure less important parts of the image. -- [email protected] / [email protected] Geek, Gweep, Technophile, me. www.GizmoLovers.com / www.MegaZone.org / www.Eyrie-Productions.com Hail Eris Twitter.com/megazone / Facebook.com/megazone / www.LinkedIn.com/in/megazone "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 432-363-4296 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
