Final (for now) update.  The Tivo has been behaving itself nicely.  I've 
gotten used to the fact that the surround sound and TV aren't going to 
behave like I think they should, and I'll wait for the QWERTY Tivo remote to 
come out, and compare that to a high line Harmony remote, and use one of 
those.

In the mean time, I got my Harmony Remote 520 to behave and work properly, I 
guess they added the model numbers for my new equipment, I tried to set up 
the remote a week later, it found the models and set up went very smooth. 
It's still limited in some ways because so many remotes are being replaced, 
there's no way to have access to every function of every device without some 
extra button pushing, but once everything is set up, I shouldn't need it.

I had purchased the remote as a backup to the old Sony S1 box remote, since 
those are virtually unobtainable now, if I lost it or it was to fail, I'd 
have been stuck with an expensive automatic channel changer box.  My parents 
are now the owners of my previously upgraded S1 box, along with their 
original S1 box, so they have a complete spare Sony Tivo box to work with 
the Sat box they use.

Glen 

Reply via email to