The conductive paint on the underside of the buttons eventually wears out. 
I seem to recall there being a way to reapply it, but that was with older 
remotes, some time ago.  I've no idea if such a solution still exists, or 
would work with the Tivo remote.

Remotes do wear out, fortunately they're not terribly expensive to replace. 
It might also be worth considering a replacement universal style remote, one 
with more durable buttons and perhaps an extended warranty.

Otherwise, just buy a new Tivo remote.


>I was wondering what you do when just certain buttons on the remote don't
> work anymore? The ones that are the problem are the Mute and Volume 
> mostly,
> but the TiVo button on one. It seems to be pushed in a little.
> I do use these buttons quite frequently, but they just seem to be worn 
> out.
> I keep putting in new batteries thinking that is the reason, and while it
> does seem to help for a short time, but then they're gone again. I really
> don't think it's the batteries if the other buttons are not affected. I 
> have
> two remotes like this, both TiVo remotes that came with the units. I have
> the S3.
>
> Do I need to buy a new remote, and will this keep happening?

Reply via email to