Thank for the replies..I will think about buying a new one, either TiVo or 
other.
Sanr







I've had some remotes apart, behaving similarly, and the contact material on
the bottom of the remote was simply dirty.  I cleaned it up and reassembled,
all was well.  It was not a Tivo remote, YMMV.

I've been researching new remotes, the Harmony One is a top pick and helps
integrate other stuff too if you have more equipment to work with.  The
newest Harmony 900 is the Harmony One with RF, only important if you want to
use it through walls or the like.

Also, Tivo is due to release a new remote with a QWERTY keyboard, which
requires a Bluetooth dongle plugged into your USB port, but not due out till
"later this year".

Or any number of other straight forward tivo remote replacements, most
remotes are still available, unless you have one of the old Sony series 1
boxes.  Those remotes are worth more than the box now.

Glen

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "s.l-c.o" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 7:26 PM
Subject: [TiVo Central] Buttons on remote don't work


>I was wondering what you do when just certain buttons on the remote don't
> work anymore? The ones that are the problem are the Mute and Volume
> mostly,
> but the TiVo button on one. It seems to be pushed in a little.
> I do use these buttons quite frequently, but they just seem to be worn
> out.
> I keep putting in new batteries thinking that is the reason, and while it
> does seem to help for a short time, but then they're gone again. I really
> don't think it's the batteries if the other buttons are not affected. I
> have
> two remotes like this, both TiVo remotes that came with the units. I have
> the S3.
>
> Do I need to buy a new remote, and will this keep happening?
>
> Thanks,
> Sanr
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.801 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2815 - Release Date: 04/16/10
14:31:00


Reply via email to