--- In [email protected], "Glen Farney" <glen.far...@...> wrote: > > All good ideas, but setting up manual recordings would be tedious.
You can set up recurring (daily) manual recordings similar to a season pass for a manual channel/time recording, so it would be a one time thing. Just remember to do two simultaneously so both tuners are forced to change channels. > I have tried keying in the channel, no dice. I was on channel 109 (BBC), > and keyed in 109 on the remote, enter, and nothing changes, still no signal. Since I asked that, I have tried the same thing with your result. As you point out, you have to have the error message in order to try anything.... > I'm guessing since even by entering the channel directly, the tuning adapter > still didn't get instruction to request that channel, it's not going to be > an easy fix for Tivo.... more to follow on another email. Except that they could easily issue a channel up or down just before issuing the channel set command and it would resolve the whole thing. With regard to your frustration with tech support calls, etc., boy do I get that! We all have had such experiences on occasion. FIOS does not use SDV, by the way, so that is an option. We have Time Warner cable here and I prefer to stay with them because they have a 24 hour local news channel and some local sports programming (a few Syracuse University games) that we would lose if we changed. It may be that I haven't seen your problem (no recording) yet here because I rarely watch channels that I record on in "live time" so the tuner is on other channels if we were watching something live. For example, I watch the Yankees live on YES, but rarely record from it. We also watch either the Time Warner news channel or the weather channel live but don't ever record there. The network channels are not switched digital, so if we were watching something there those channels would never "time out" anyway. Good luck, I think I'd try some brief repeating manual recordings if I were you.... Bob
