Hi all,

I think it's time we just renamed TLS 1.3 to TLS 2.0. There are major
changes, so labeling it a major version seems more appropriate.

+1 to all of this.  As people on the list know, I've been calling it
"TLS 2.0-called-1.3" for a long time now. It really is a new protocol rather than something in the 1.x family, and it's quite misleading calling it 1.3.

I am also in favour of a TLS 1.3 -> TLS 2.0 renaming.

Considering that possible change, wouldn't it be useful to go on working
on draft-gutmann-tls-lts-05, and consider TLS-LTS not as a TLS extension but
as a real 1.3 version of the 1.x series?

--
Julien ÉLIE