From: TLS [mailto:tls-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Xiaoyin Liu
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2016 1:12 PM
To: BITS Security <bitssecur...@fsroundtable.org>; Peter Bowen
<pzbo...@gmail.com>
Cc: tls@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [TLS] Industry Concerns about TLS 1.3

Andrew,

Then I think your option is to persuade the regulators not to require TLS 1.3
for internal networks. Also, unlike SSL 3.0 - TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2 is not currently
known to be weak or insecure, if properly implemented and not using insecure
cipher suites. So in my opinion, it makes sense to keep using TLS 1.2
internally.

Best,

Xiaoyin