On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 11:34 AM, BITS Security <
bitssecur...@fsroundtable.org> wrote:
> Ilari - I understand yours (and others) view on this but there is no
technical reason why this couldn't be part of the standard. A potential
solution, like many cipher suite *choices* in past versions of TLS, would
be optional and up to both clients and servers to configure what they are
willing to support (or not support). You appear to be assuming everyone is
running off the same set of requirements (one-size-fits-all) and we are
here to tell you that isn't necessarily true.

Why does the TLS 1.3 document need to include this, as opposed to a
separate extension? I do think you are ignoring the very real weaknesses
your network architecture has: any user account with the ability to decrypt
TLS sessions networkwide can easily be a jumping off point for total
ownage. Many authentication solutions depend on TLS traffic being secure.

Sincerely,
Watson Ladd

> - Andrew

"Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains".
--Rousseau.