On 05/20/2017 04:33 AM, Ilari Liusvaara wrote:

> I meant what prevents the (say 10 second) windows from stacking up into
> (say 20 second windows) if 0-RTT is used on multiple hops (client-
> middlebox and middlebox-server)?
>
> One can not assume that the client has knowledge of any middlebox on
> the path (e.g. CDNs in HTTP are in general invisible to the client).

I think the attacker has to delay sending the client's 0-RTT to the
middlebox for the 10-second window if it wants to get the 20-second
delay overall (assuming the middlebox does at-most-once properly), at
which point the client would have a sense that something fishy might be
going on.  Though, that still doesn't give the client a hard bound on
the delay, I suppose.

-Ben