I would be interested in how you initiate the traces at all the  hundreds of
thousands of servers and clients and how you control the flow of pcap files
back to where they need to be processed?     How are users and apps not
impacted?

From: Watson Ladd [mailto:watsonbl...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2017 3:26 PM
To: Ackermann, Michael <mackerm...@bcbsm.com>
Cc: Matthew Green <matthewdgr...@gmail.com>; Dobbins, Roland
<rdobb...@arbor.net>; IETF TLS <tls@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [TLS] draft-green-tls-static-dh-in-tls13-01

On Jul 15, 2017 11:16 AM, "Ackermann, Michael"
<mackerm...@bcbsm.com<mailto:mackerm...@bcbsm.com>> wrote:
YES!
I tried to say in my message that collecting traces on thousands,  or hundreds
of thousands of hosts,  is just not practical or possible.   Not to mention the
administrative domain barriers to this.

We do it every day at my current employer. Guess we do the impossible.