>    For debugging messages, I'm with Peter, they'll only be implemented if
> they're
    simple enough to support.  I can't see having to have localization files on
the
    server for debug messages that might be requested by a client is some other
locale
    and only when debug is enabled, and the consumer is a developer and not an
end-user.

The table stakes have increased, and I don't think it is reasonable any more
for any IETF protocol to have "just use ASCII" for text messages.  It could be
UTF8, or it could be codeset/tagged.  Why two developers in, say, Russia need
to speak English to debug their TLS implementations.