On Friday, 18 October 2019 20:44:03 CEST Christopher Wood wrote:
> This email starts a call for adoption of draft-davidben-tls13-pkcs1-00,
> which can be found here:
>
>    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-davidben-tls13-pkcs1-00
>
> It will run until November 1, 2019. Please indicate whether or not you would
> like to see this draft adopted and whether you will review and provide
> feedback on it going forward.

Yes, requiring RSA-PSS causes interoperability issues with smartcards that
don't implement this 16 year old algorithm. But being able to say "if you're
using TLS 1.3 that means you are not using legacy crypto" has non
insignificant value too.

This document erodes that.

So I'm against adoption of this draft by the WG.

If it is adopted, I will review and provide feedback on it.
--
Regards,
Hubert Kario