On Wed, Mar 04, 2020 at 08:32:45PM -0800, Watson Ladd wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 6:07 PM Stephen Farrell
> <stephen.farr...@cs.tcd.ie> wrote:
> > On 04/03/2020 16:06, Sean Turner wrote:
> > >  Must the ticket reuse use case be addresses
> > >  in draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequests?
> >
> > Yes. I think Viktor's use case is one to not bugger
> > up (even if one doesn't need to support it) and don't
> > see how supporting it breaks something. (While also
> > disliking generic ticket reuse.)
>
> It's not the usecase: it's the program. Postfix made architectural
> choices that make storing tickets allegedly expensive.

Well, Postfix runs about 40% of the world's email infrastructure outside
of gmail and yahoo and such, so excuse me, but your response is just not
acceptable.

But also, this WG has tried to accomodate things like SChannel whose API
designs are very different from others and impinge on what is feasible
in the protocol.  E.g., reconnects are avoided.

Nico