> On Mar 4, 2020, at 21:30, Stephen Farrell <stephen.farr...@cs.tcd.ie> wrote:
>

> Hiya,
>
> On 05/03/2020 02:25, Rob Sayre wrote:
>>
>>> I also note what seems like a correlation between
>>> people's yes/no opinions on this and whether or not they
>>> (or sponsors/employers) are involved in implementing
>>> a web browser.

These rest of the para:

> Not sure if that implies a technical
> difference or just relates to understandable priorities
> but I'm sure the chairs will factor that into evaluating
> the mails in this thread.

> To be clear - I wasn't accusing anyone of anything.
> As I hoped the subsequent words in my mail that you
> didn't quote made clear;-)
>
> I do think it may be that one's valid interests do
> colour one's conclusions. That's true for me anyway,
> and there's nothing wrong with it, but I guess it
> may complicate calling consensus.
>
> Cheers,
> S.

Stephen,

No worries we always consider who responded. We do consider a bit more though
than just what we think they might do in their day jobs since some have some
sway over open source TLS implementation and some of the employers do have
infrastructure (and maybe interactions with others) that might do
server-to-server connections. Likewise, I also consider everybody here is
acting as an individual unless they say otherwise, just like I assume you are
just acting as you and not, say, as an IAB member.

As far as complications in calling consensus, it, as you know, pretty much goes
with the territory.

spt