This discussion seems kind of out of scope for 7525-bis, which is about how
to use TLS, but doesn't seem to say much of anything in terms of how to
operate a CA.

The current draft seems not to say anything about what clients ought to do
and to say that servers SHOULD support OCSP and OCSP stapling (though the
citation to 6961 is weird because it seems to be referred to twice). My
sense is that it probably ought to say:

- Clients should have some mechanism for dealing with revocation, at least
in high value cases
  - For the reasons rsleevi indicates it may be desirable that it not be
totally unfiltered
  - None of the standardized mechanisms are acceptable here, OCSP for
privacy and performance reasons, and stapling for deployment reasons

- Servers SHOULD (MAY?) support stapling for clients which don't have
another mechanism, but shouldn't expect a lot of use.

This last seems a bit 6919ish, tbh.

-Ekr