post_handshake_auth was only in TLS 1.3 because some folks relied on an
existing (and terrible :-) ) corresponding mechanism in TLS 1.2: trigger a
renegotiation and request a client certificate in the new handshake. I
don't think it makes sense to backport post_handshake_auth to TLS 1.2. Such
a backport would also require much more analysis than the average
extension, since it concerns authentication.