From: TLS <tls-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Rushil Mehra
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2023 8:05 AM
To: Soni L. <fakedme+...@gmail.com>
Cc: tls@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [TLS] [EXTERNAL] Re: Servers sending CA names

Not necessarily. One could use client certificates to ensure that only
authorized clients (e.g. a laptop with the client certificate in its key store)
can access some resource.

On Tue, Apr 18, 2023 at 5:07 PM Soni L. <fakedme+...@gmail.com
<mailto:fakedme%2b...@gmail.com> > wrote:

So like a "client" cert is just a way to say "yes I'm really
example.org <http://example.org> " yeah?

That seems particularly useful for federated networks (XMPP, etc). Why
not call these server-to-server certs?