On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 02:44:18PM +0000, Kampanakis, Panos wrote:
> ACK, thx all. So we should refrain from defining such “point-in-time”
> codepoints for other needed long-term algorithm combinations to not
> waste registry space. Only absolutely necessary codepoints should be
> registered.

That registry has >64,000 free codepoints. I don't see there being
anywhere close enough individual registrations to fill that up, no
matter how loose the criteria are.

However, with post-quantum, there is another reason to be careful:
The shares are so large that the client effecively only has one shot.

Some sort of systematic registrations reseving large chunks of space
is the only way I can foresee the registry being seriously depleted.
In contect of TLS groups, No such registrations exist currently, nor
have I seen proposals for such thing.

-Ilari