Hello devs,

Here's a request to have a detailed Changelog of major changes that go into
the master branch.

The reasons to have that Changelog are:

- The man page is not updated as live changes are happening in the master.
- So for non-C developers like myself, it is difficult to rely just on the
git commits to understand what the exact user-level change is.
- Using this Changelog, at least the non-C developers like me can help test
out the new features or backward incompatible changes. For instance, if the
vi-copy map is no longer available, what stuff should be removed from the
existing .tmux.conf? What should that be replaced with, if possible?
- Then at the time of the stable release, there is no need to try to come
with with a release Changelog as thus organically grown Changelog would be
much more detailed and helpful to general user-level-only audience.

I hope this was a reasonable request. It should help I improve the master
branch testing as more people could then rely on that Changelog and get
courage to use the master branch.

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016, 10:18 AM Wassim Metallaoui <was...@metallaoui.com>

> When I start tmux I’m getting this error in version 2.4.
> ~/.tmux.conf:103: unknown key table: vi-copy
> Here is that part of my config:
> # Setup ‘v' to begin selection as in Vim
> bind-key -t vi-copy v begin-selection
> bind-key -t vi-copy y copy-pipe "reattach-to-user-namespace pbcopy"
> # Update default binding of `Enter` to also use copy-pipe
> unbind -t vi-copy Enter
> bind-key -t vi-copy Enter copy-pipe “reattach-to-user-namespace pbcopy"
> I looked through the manual but don’t understand what’s changed. I found an
> issue <https://github.com/tmux/tmux/issues/585> on it but it’s not clear.
> I assume I’m to change *vi-copy* to *copy-mode-vi* but that didn’t work
> either.

Kaushal Modi

"tmux-users" group.
to tmux-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.