On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 11:59 AM, Vincenzo Romano <
vincenzo.rom...@notorand.it> wrote:

> > On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 6:54 AM, Vincenzo Romano
> > <vincenzo.rom...@notorand.it> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all.
> >> I am looking for a solution to get the terminal persistent in case of
> >> network failre.
> >> I mean, I don't want the user to be able to spawn multiple virtual
> >> terminal but rather
> >> to get the ability to reattach to terminal over a dead connection.
> >>
> >> Is there a way to do this with tmux?
> >

> > Spawn tmux on the remote side and attach to it when you reconnect.
>
> I already know how to do this with screen, tmux and byobu.
> What I was asking is:
>
> > I don't want the user to be able to spawn multiple virtual terminal

Umm. That seems like a strange constraint and I'm guessing one that tmux
doesn't have a default config mechanism for.

However, you could have some logic in their shell rc file to attach to an
existing session if it exists  - else let them spawn a new session.

-m