I found the scrollbar ranges to be a rather awkward limitation for an
application I was working on because the fox tools throw away half the
number range... and so are limited to 31 bit range in the default
FXScrollbar FXint range of  fox-1.0.30.   As a work-around, I made
modified versions of  fox FXScrollArea, FXScrollbar and FXTable  that use
a 64 bit FXlong instead of their 32 bit FXint so I could get at least get
a  full 32 bit range of values from the scrollbar.

Seems like a small rewrite could also let you get a 32 bit range from an
FXuint.

In general, I'd rather not muck around with rescaling a scrollbar output.
I'd rather set its range of values and its page and increment values and
have it directly return the value range I'm working with.

Seems like a rewrite using  templates could extend the usefulness of the
classes if the scroll areas and scrollbars by providing a user specified
type and range applied to the Scrollbar range, pos and dragpoint
variables.

Another possible fixup would be to provide a universally large default
implementation or range, pos and dragpoint using a  bignum implementation,
 then have the user specify the range of values.  I imagine some
scientists out there would like to have a quad floating point range too
... so again back to thinking about a template rewrite to enhance the
capabilities.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]