))
))  > > Now I'm willing to go fix AllFromHeader() right now actually, but
))  > > past that I'm not willing to go fix pyste or the dangling FXObject
))  > > children problem at this time. If you are willing to put in at most
))  > > around two weeks of developer time to iron out all the bugs, then
))  > > let me know and I could start tomorrow.
))  >
))  > I need to get gccxml for mingw up and running first that'll take me a
))  > few days. It sounds promising and after I've done the preliminary work
))  > I'll be able to say more. Although my gut says it would be a cool
))  > problem to tackle.
))
))  I'm pretty sure I'm going to go do that anyway. This summer I wish to
))  design Tn's UI interface and I need to refresh my memory of BPL
))  imposed API constraints. I'm still technically on my week's R&R
))  break, but I don't think hacking around with BPL counts ... :)
))
))  BTW why aren't you using the prebuilt gccxml? It just works on win32.
))

for mingw it needs to be manually configured :<

from the gcc_xml meister, brad king

()There are two problems:
()
()1.) You should not run gccxml_cc1plus directly.  Use the plain "gccxml"
()executable which internally runs gccxml_cc1plus.  The --print option is
()caught by this front-end and used to display the flags it will use to
()run gccxml_cc1plus internally.
()
() 2.) The "gccxml" front-end is responsible for determining the proper
() flags to simulate the desired compiler.  Although many compilers are
() supported, there is no support for determining the proper flags for
() MinGW's gcc automatically (yet).  You'll have to determine the flags
() manually and set them using the GCCXML_FLAGS option.
()
() See this page:
()
() http://www.gccxml.org/HTML/Running.html
()
() to help set the option.  To determine the proper flags you'll have to
() run a command like this:
()
() echo "" | gcc -x c++ -v -E -dM -
()
() That will print out the internal include path and built-in definitions
() that your MinGW gcc compiler uses.  From that you have to construct a
() set of -I and -D options to include in GCCXML_FLAGS.  Finally you need
() to add an option -iwrapper"c:/path/to/GCC_XML/Support/GCC/3.3" that
() points at GCC-XML's internal support directory for the GCC version
() you're using.
()
() -Brad

This weekend I noticed that gcc support was for 3.3! I'm using 3.4.2 and am
now deliberating what to do next. Is there something broken with 3.4.x?
Somewhere I remember hearing about 3.4 not being so popular....

I imagine that gcc 4.0 will come out soon for mingw and maybe Brad will
support it.

Regards,

Andrew