On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 03:29  PM, Peter Maag wrote:

	Ok, here is another strange question:

Did a qmailctl stat and noticed that my queue was sorta high(230
messages).  Right now my user load on the server is nil, so I was
confused as to what was creating all of these messages

I looked at the last couple lines of /var/log/qmail/current , and here
is what I found:

	@40000000003e540b3b205c7e14 starting delivery 606: msg 148966 to
local 	[EMAIL PROTECTED]
	@40000000003e540b3b205cc07c status: local 3/10 remote 0/20
	@40000000003e540b3b22d4e884  delivery
604:deferral:Unable_to_chdir_to_maildir._(#4.2.1)/
	@400000000003e540b3b22d53a8c status: local 2/10 remote 0/20

It appears that something is trying to send a message to the root
account on my server, but can't change to Maildir?  This is really
confusing.....Thanks for the help again.
Probably because your ~alias/.qmail* files are empty. Put your email address (or wherever you want root mail to go) in those three .qmail files. Then do qmailctl doqueue, and they will get delivered.

Also, reply only to the list, don't cc me. I'm already on this list.

Bill

Reply via email to