Hello people,

        I have two server for a big domain. One of them is a SMTP-MX-ANTIVIRUS it
receive all incoming and outgoiing mail, check for virus and forward messages
to another machine (by a smtproute), a POP server which I use
netqmail+qmail-toaster+vpopmail 5.4.2+Mysql and users' homedirs.

        I want to user chkuser-mysql in my SMTP-MX-ANTIVIR to deny incoming SMTP for
unknown virtual domain users before forwarding message to antivirus and pop
server to reduce antivirus working. I have replicated my vpopmail database
from POP server to SMTP server yet, and create a
"fake" /home/vpopmail/domains/mydomain.com.br/.qmail-default (with
bounce-no-mailbox)  but chkuser still doesn work.

        What does the chkuser patch are looking for? It works with my POP server
without any problem, perhaps virtualdomains is needed? How can I use chkuser
against a replicated mysql-vpopmail-db if I don want to deliver messages
locally (I want to use smtproute)?

        My control files at SMTP gateways are :

        locals : empty
        virtualdomains : empty
        rcpthosts : localhost and mydomain.com.br

Thanks in advance,

Mário Viana
ISP Network Admin