Rick Macdougall wrote:
Sam Laffere wrote:
Sorry this is so long.

Problem: 7 domains do not have invalid users blocked by CHKUSER, 14 domains work correctly.

Details: Server set up with Shupp Toaster in early November 2006.
Only variance is using maildrop and mailfilter to sort spam into folders.

Summary: 21 domains were moved from previous vpopmail based mail server. There is no logic I can find as to why 7 of the domains do not block non-existing recipients at the qmail-smtpd point. The problem seems to be CHKUSER, but I am sure it is not a broken CHKUSER, but just something silly I am missing. The domains were moved a couple at a time from the old server, not in any order. I keep wondering if some little change happened after doing the first 14, and that somehow is affecting the 7 not working. I know that when I started moving the domains, I did a vadddomain for some of the first domains, but may not have done that for some of the later domains. My recollection is that I started out believing I needed to do that for each one.

I know I am leaving out lots of details. I can readily provide any requested.
I have looked through the archive, and can add the following:
All files are owned vpopmail.vchkpw in all domains.
All domains have the following in .qmail-default:
| /usr/local/bin/maildrop /home/vpopmail/domains/domainname.net/mailfilter
and
all domains have mailfilter linked like this to the same file. mailfilter -> ../mailfilter
All permissions match between a working and a non-working domain.
vqadmin says CatchAll: mailfilter for both of the following domains. If I click any option, it overwrites my .qmail-default.

Hi,

Unless you modified the source of chkusr, it requires bounce-no-mailbox in the .qmail-default file. If that is not there, it lets all messages in, regardless of the user existing or not.

Regards,

Rick

Rick,
Thanks for the reply.
I don't believe I modified the chkusr source. Both domains are using the same mailfilter file due to the symbolic link. I forgot to mention that the 'domains' folder is mounted with NFS as follows:

--------------------------------mounting info -----------------------------------------------
supermail:/home/vpopmail/domains# mount
10.0.2.2:/home/vpopmail/domains on /home/vpopmail/domains type nfs (rw,hard,intr,addr=10.0.2.2,addr=10.0.2.2)

As far as I can tell, everything is identical between the domains. I have pasted info below in case somebody sees something I don't see. I have just "stat"ed some of the files to confirm that they are identical, and still midkan.com fails to block.

---------------------------------midkan.com---------------------------------------------------
supermail:/home/vpopmail/domains/midkan.com# cat .qmail-default
   | /usr/local/bin/maildrop /home/vpopmail/domains/midkan.com/mailfilter
#| /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' /home/vpopmail/domains/midkan.com/postmaster

supermail:/home/vpopmail/domains# ls -al midkan.com/
   total 100
   -rw-------   1 vpopmail vchkpw  155 2007-01-02 14:12 .qmail-default
lrwxrwxrwx 1 vpopmail vchkpw 13 2006-12-01 13:38 mailfilter -> ../mailfilter

----------------------------------tri.net-------------------------------------------------------
supermail:/home/vpopmail/domains/tri.net# cat .qmail-default
   | /usr/local/bin/maildrop /home/vpopmail/domains/tri.net/mailfilter
   #| /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox
#| /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' /home/vpopmail/domains/tri.net/postmaster

supermail:/home/vpopmail/domains/tri.net# ls -al
   total 332
   -rw-------   1 vpopmail vchkpw   207 2007-01-15 17:09 .qmail-default
lrwxrwxrwx 1 vpopmail vchkpw 13 2006-11-29 16:09 mailfilter -> ../mailfilter

These two lines are from mailfilter. This is what it defaults to when no account is found for a user during the delivery stage. Yes, right now all 'bounces' for all domains( the 7 non-working ones) are going to postmaster for tri.net. * I just reversed these lines so that 'bounce-no-mailbox' was the active line, and still the same response from CHKUSER. VPOP="| /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' /home/vpopmail/domains/tri.net/postmaster"
   #VPOP="| /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail ''  bounce-no-mailbox"

supermail:/home/vpopmail/domains# ls -al
   total 40780
   -rw-------   1 vpopmail vchkpw     4524 2007-01-15 18:02 mailfilter