Rick Macdougall wrote:
John Barton wrote:
I have a toaster I set up a LONG time ago using shupp.org, and
everything has worked very well for some time. I am starting to get
hammered by spam pretty bad though, and spamassassin is just not cutting
it any longer. I am considering implementing the greylisting patch that
is available from shupp.org, I have a friend who has had great success
with greylisting on his courier mail server. I assume that most of the
major issues with greylisting have been worked out by now. My question
is: will the greylisting patch automatically allow authenticated users
to connect and send mail without tempfailing them? Any other gotchas to
be aware of?
Thanks,
-John

Yes, authed users can just send, no temp fail.

The only other gotcha is that some older exchange and groupwise servers don't handle a tempfail, they permfail it.

As long as your users are aware of this, they can make sure that those people who's servers do that call them so you can whitelist their IP's.

Regards,

Rick

My GroupWise account does fine with greylisting. I am on 6.x and 7.x for GroupWise though.

John